Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 9 Blog Forum

123 Main St
Lebanon, OR 97355
(555) 541-0000
benjamin.clark.4282@mail.linnbenton .edu
March 4, 2016

Glenn Beck
CEO
Mercury Studios
P.O. Box 143189
Irving, TX 75014-3189


Dear Mr. Beck,

As a police officer in a small coastal town in Oregon, I was dispatched to a burglary in progress in an abandoned home. The weather was typical for a winter's night, strong wind, sideways rain, and it was darker than a coal mine.  While walking through the home looking for the “burglar,” I went upstairs and could hear the house creak and moan with the wind. I pulled my firearm after hearing a sound come from one of the bedroom closets.  With my flashlight in my left hand and my firearm in my right, I kicked open the closet door.  Standing about three feet in the closet staring at me was a full-size cutout of John Wayne. No shots were fired, luckily.

I am applying to The Blaze as an off-site contributor.  As a police officer for eight years, and a firefighter for almost 11 years, I have vast experience covering crime and disaster situations. I was known by the defense attorneys in my area as having “crack-proof” police reports.  I have since moved on from that career to pursue a law degree.  I have maintained good grades throughout my first two years of school, and intend to do so as my schooling continues.

I will be in Texas late this summer, and would be available to meet you during my time there to further discuss this position and my qualifications.

Sincerely,

Benjamin Clark

Enclosures:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronclark9


No comments:

Post a Comment