Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 7 Blog Forum


TOPIC 1: PROFILE FOLLOW-UP -- Contact the subject of your PROFILE in person, by phone or e-mail. Ask them what they thought about the story. Then answer these questions:

What was their response? Did they like it? Hate it? Were they flattered? Disappointed? Surprised? Do tell ... 


News seemed to be very surprised that a story was going to be written about him in the first place. He was very thrilled about the story, and excited about it.

Did the story contain any factual errors? (You fixed those by now, right? And you said, "I'm sorry.”) What was wrong? 

As far as I know there were no factual errors in my story.


What did you learn for the next time you have to write a profile?

One thing that I learned about the profile, is let the person talk. Use the simple phrase, "tell me more." It is amazing how freely people will share stories about their personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment